Half a Year Mark + Giveaway!
Hey everyone! As you can tell by the title, my blog has officially hit the half year mark. Honestly, time went by so fast and it doesn't even feel like I've been doing this for 6 months. But it has, and overall I can say that throughout all these months I've really enjoyed it. Just the whole process of blogging is fun to me. From coming up with content, writing, taking pictures, etc. has brought me so much pleasure. When blogging I feel really relaxed and free. It's a way for me to express my love for the things that I have interests in, in life.
I originally started this blog to tell stories about my life and share them to my family who are far from me (like in the Philippines) or even near. In the beginning, it acted as an online diary of mine for friends and family to read stories from my point of view. But later on, I figured that I wanted to switch things up and focus more on my interests (aka makeup & beauty). When I made that switch, I felt like I lost a majority of my audience because not everyone could relate to the categories that I decided to aim for. And that's when I chose to start socializing with other beauty bloggers.
I found out about a site called Bloglovin'. This site helped me discover so many beauty blogs, fashion blogs, and lifestyle blogs. Literally, I'm on this site every morning reading all the posts from the many people that I follow on there. I love reading up on new trends, new makeup products, etc. I'd say this is the site that gave my blog a boost and gave me more readers, inspiration, information, and a way to connect with other bloggers.
Also, I've always wanted to start a YouTube channel. A lot of people told me that I should make one before I started this but I didn't feel comfortable or motivated. For some reason, after I started blogging, I felt a source of encouragement and finally decided to start making videos. Making videos is something I thoroughly enjoy as well. The whole process of producing videos is just so cool and I love watching the whole edited video at the end. It just gives me the best sense of accomplishment. I'd say that blogging definitely helped me break out of my shell.
To end this post, I decided to do a mini giveaway (because who doesn't love free stuff?).
- The giveaway will include my favourite lashes, three of my favourite liquid lipsticks from ColourPop, and my current favourite palette: Kat Von D Shade+Light Eye Quad in Rust. (Like I said, it's a mini giveaway. But I might throw some more stuff in there for the heck of it!!)
- The start time for the giveaway is Monday, July 11 @ 12AM EST.
- The end time for the giveaway is Tuesday, August 9 @ 12AM EST.
- The giveaway is open internationally, meaning anybody from any country can enter!
- If you are under 16, please ask a parent/guardian for permission before entering.
- Use the Rafflecopter form below to gain entries into the giveaway.
- A winner will be RANDOMLY chosen after the form has closed.
- I will contact the winner to confirm a shipping address. If winner DOES NOT respond within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
Thank you to my readers for supporting me and good luck to all entrants!